Joel Uckelman on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:33:45 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] bids

1. I just sent out the escrow for bids. If you're playing, you should
receive a message from escrow@xxxxxxxxx, asking for your bids. To place
your bids, reply to that message. If you reply, but then change your mind
before all replies are in you can reply again to overwrite your previous
reply.

2. Please everyone read 14.2 before bidding. You must bid a unique positive
integer for each power. The powers are assigned in the order listed in the
escrow. E.g. whoever has the high bid for Britain will get Britain,
regardless of whether that person also bid 800 points for France and a
billion points for Turkey. Ties are broken by highest roll.

3. You are bidding in Victory Points. Whatever you bid is added to the
total you must achieve to win the game. You can find some previous bids
here:

 http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/eia/eia-200403/msg00291.html

and here:

 http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/eia/eia-200403/msg00306.html

As to the appropriateness of those bids, we've commented on that in the
list archives a bit in the past two weeks. Searching the net will likely
dig up some more bids from other people.

3. All of the important information about the starting setup of the powers
is in 14.7, so you can see what you're getting. The VP targets are on the
player aid card. It just occurred to me that Jayson at least doesn't have a
copy of section 14, since that section is not in the online rules. I'd be
happy to mail anyone who needs that a copy of it.

5. Lots of the stuff we're using can be found on Kyle's web site:
http://home.att.net/~menexenus/

--
J.