J.J. Young on Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:47:20 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] bids

Welcome, Jayson !  My name's J.J. Young; I'm a high-school physics teacher
from Columbus, Ohio.

Things to consider when bidding:

1.)  Whatever you bid will be added to the base number of victory points
needed to win playing your major power.  For those without access to the EIA
data charts, those base numbers are
Britain: 370, France: 400, Russia: 335, Austria: 330
Prussia: 320, Spain: 325, Turkey: 315

2.)  In an 1805-1815 campaign game, there will be 44 economic phases; that
is, 44 opportunities to collect victory points.

3.)  The number of victory points collected by a major power doing average
on the Political Status Display is 7 VPs per economic phase.  Some major
powers find it easy to maintain a higher level than this; with other powers
it is more difficult.

4.)  If a player collects enough VPs to reach his adjusted goal before the
end of 1815, the game ends early.  But when this happens, or when time runs
out, each player can add their major power's home nation manpower and
conquered manpower to the VPs they have collected, to see if that player
"makes the cut" and is a game winner.

That's my two cents.  Happy bidding !

-JJY