Peter Cooper Jr. on Wed, 20 May 2015 09:56:23 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proto: Ministries

I'm all in favor of spreading the workload around. I'm not quite sure when I'll get a chance to update with this nweek's voting, but it may not be until tonight.

Some initial thoughts, since you're presumably posting this as a Proto to solicit such:

1) This doesn't say a way to become a Minister. I'm assuming this is intentional as a way to just start a structure and not change everything at once. But perhaps even longer-term the Administrator (or whoever) would just assign Ministries via Tweak as needed?

2) Speaking of Tweaks, this may want to expand that so any Minister (or even any Player) can submit them.

3) Combining the tracking-state with the determining-what-the-result-is-in-the-case-of-ambiguity is interesting. In the past, I remember more or less letting anybody who had time update the Public Displays, and Ministers didn't really have much "power". I don't really object, and perhaps this is a fine step to have for now, but longer-term we need to ensure to have a way to have the game continue when Ministers don't have time to complete their assigned tasks, and may want a way for that to happen without necessarily giving them any power. Though perhaps those who maintain the game should have more power.

4) I would have just combined Minister of Service as part of the Prime Minister's job, and perhaps it even being the main part of the Prime Minister's job eventually (beyond "tracking miscellaneous"). Works fine as is, though.

5) You're overwriting the change made in Prop 1-2 if it passes. Not sure if this was intentional. (Some amount of reworking of the rule will be needed regardless, of couse.)

6) "Let's Keep Score" is Proposal 1-5, not 1-15. And if Prop 1-7 passes, there may exist a timeline in which Proposal 1-5 passed but did not create a Scoring section. I might have phrased the conditional as being whether there exists a "Points" rule. But we can wait and see how Props resolve before this gets finally submitted and voted on anyway.