Daniel Lepage on Mon, 16 Sep 2013 13:43:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] In Case of Emergency

Y'know, one way to make a nearly-foolproof emergency system would be to
just give someone absolute power to change the gamestate at will. In nomic,
absolute power is pretty much the only sort of power that *doesn't*
corrupt, because if you give a nomic player restricted powers ey'll
immediately start searching for ways around the restrictions, but having
the ability to win the game just by saying so takes all the fun out of
winning.

The role would be maybe akin to a GM in role-playing games - it's a person
with absolute power over the game but who only uses said power in order to
ensure that the game stays fun.

Then if anything went wrong and the game became unplayable, or some
overlooked rule meant that the presumed gamestate was completely wrong, the
GM would just step in and fix it.

--
Wonko

P.S. I'm lurking on the fora because I'm interested in the new nomic, but
sadly I still don't have time to actually join the game :-/