0x44 on Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:38:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] 0-indexed days Considered Harmful

No rule allows a rule to alter the game state.

- 0x44

On Mar 2, 2010, at 6:01 PM, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:37:27 -0600
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] 0-indexed days Considered Harmful

Technically true but 9 proposals have been voted on under the current system and it has worked due to rule 45. It probably should be changed though. I withdraw my objection.

Rule 10 seems to overrule Rule 45.

No, rule 45 changes the gamestate. There's no conflict because rule 45 doesn't deny that what rule 10 says is right, it just changes the gamestate arbitrarily at a single point in time (14 days after the statement was made), without reference to the rules. There is no rule saying rules cannot change the gamestate.