Alex Smith on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 03:43:54 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [Oracle] CFI 102/0

On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 21:03 -0500, Craig Daniel wrote:
> Since there is no indication in the ruleset that the action causes the
> old player to deregister, I assert that a requirement for becoming a
> player (which is obviously and tautologically not a requirement for
> being a player) is, by the definition of the word "become," not being
> a player already.
>
> I judge CFI 102 TRUE.

For quite a while, bigamy was impossible to commit in the UK for this
reason. The issue is that marriage was defined as a change of state from
being unmarried to being married, and so it was theoretically impossible
to become married whilst already married.

--
ais523