Geoffrey Spear on Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:19:37 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Last Consultation for now

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reasoning: Both Billy Pilgrim and the Blue Chromium Agreement submitted
> votes of "FOR AGAINST" Proposal 1913 and of "AGAINST FOR" Proposal 1927. j
> later voted by announcing he was voting the same as Billy Pilgrim. Rule 2-2
> says that "A Registered Voter may submit a Vote on an Open proposal at any
> time. The Vote must be one of the words FOR, AGAINST, or ABSTAIN; other
> words are ignored." Should this be interpreted to mean that, because two of
> these words were submitted, this does not count as a vote submission? Or
> that one of the two words is retained (if so, how do we decide which one?)
> while the other is ignored?

"The most recent Vote on a proposal by a Registered Voter is called
that Registered Voter's Final Vote on that proposal."

Probably this means that "FOR AGAINST" is two votes on the proposal,
with the more recent one, AGAINST, as the Final Vote.
--
Wooble