Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:07:51 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Voting Results

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I believe P1911 reverses the effects of every proposal that passed in
> nweek 156 (they all failed quorum), and thus changed a bunch of the
> rules, scoring for passed proposals, probably the ability of several
> of us to buy weapons, and thus the Health of anyone who was attacked.
>
> I am hitting my Panic Button.

Ack, you're right.

However, I don't think that affects anything that's all that crucial, so we
probably don't need an emergency.

I think all it changes is:

- There's no gameboard or any of the associated devices (until the most
recent round of proposals where one of mine re-created most of the devices)
so extra macks are refunded to whoever had purchased some (me, Wooble,
Warrigal, 0x44) (except where they were purchased using points that were not
earned from authoring proposals that pseudo-retroactively have not
passed...)
- There's no RPS-LS precedence system, but that hasn't actually been invoked
to change anything about the game yet! (my vote power test case hasn't been
dealt with yet anyway)
- The consultation rule is a bit different than we thought, but that's
relatively cosmetic, I think.
- there's no sticky/tacky/fragile/etc system in place, but that was mostly
just new lingo and we haven't used it either.
- The historical win by tomfoolery pseudo-retroactively has not happened.

And now the more important changes, which forces some Voting Results
recalculation (will do that shortly):

- 0x44 and I definitely had Vote Power 0 for the most recent voting period,
because we gave our allegiance to our respective factions. (see the old Rule
2-7, which is also now the current Rule 2-7...)
- Those factions were still able to vote with Power 1 last nweek, but now
have Vote Power 0.75 to start off the current nweek.

OH, and:

- we need to recalculate points for that old voting period and everything...
given that nothing passed or failed...
- the proposals from that nweek are PENDING right now and can be voted back
in this nweek if we so desire
- current active properties don't actually change given that whoever lost it
for failing to vote has still lost it.

Miss anything? I'll try and recalculate that right now.

BP