Cassie Bayer on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:35:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] declaration

2009/2/13 Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> 6. Each person may submit a single vote on each Point of Order which
> can be exactly one of Yea or Nay, up until the end of the first
> absolute day after the Point of Order reaches the Public Forum. If,
> after the first absolute day from its reaching the Public Forum, a
> Point of Order has more Yea votes than Nay votes, it is said to be
> Selected, otherwise it is discarded. If a selected Point of Order is
> Dependent on a discarded Point of Order, it to is discarded. If a
> selected Point of Order is Contradictory to another selected Point of
> Order, the Point of Order with the greater number of Yea votes to Nay
> votes is selected, otherwise they are both discarded.

Solution? The phrasing of Rule 6 states that each PoO is selected one
absolute day from reaching the public forum.

Rule 5 states that a PoO may declare that it is dependent or contradictory
to another PoO, but clearly by fact some PoOs may be found to be
contradictory despite an explicit declaration otherwise.  Thus, the "set the
ruleset to be:" PoO with the most Yea votes over Nay votes is the one
selected, and all others are discarded?

As another question, if we're on pedantry level 11... did _ANYONE_ actually
vote exactly "Yea" or "Nay" for a proposal?