Alex Smith on Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:08:20 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Fixing B Nomic

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 22:05 +0000, Elliott Hird wrote:
> On 31 Dec 2008, at 22:01, James Baxter wrote:
>
> > It is still unknown wether comex's scam worked and it shall remain
> > unknown until the consultations I submitted are processed. In the
> > meantime I declare myself a player - if a judgement is made to the
> > contrary then it all becomes void anyway.
>
> It failed, such contract-joining changes the game state and is
> specified by the rules, and is therefore a game action, and therefore
> must happen to a public forum.

Don't go down that path. If /everything/ must happen to a public forum,
then, for instance, the Clock is incapable of advancing, proposals are
incapable of passing, and public displays on the wiki are incapable of
displaying.

On the other hand, I worry that rule 5e10 may indeed imply what you're
saying...

--
ais523