James Baxter on Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:56:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Oracle?

> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:42:14 -0600
> From: bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] Oracle?
>
> James Baxter wrote:
> > Rule 5E14 states that "A duration to the effect of "X rdays", where X is a
number, shall be interpreted to mean the duration ends after X occurrences of
midnight UTC."

> > UTC occurs outside the scope of the rules and it is difficult for Rule 5E0 to stop
it so rdays can occur while the clock is stopped as UTC is not game time.

> > ndays are game time as, although they are related to UTC they are kept track of
by a counter that is within the scope of the Rules.
> Rule 5e0 takes precedence over Rule 5e14, and Rule 5e0 specifically
> states that all means used to track time is stopped as of the beginning
> of the emergency, with the exception of those specified in Rule 5e0.
> There is no exception made for rdays, and as a deadline with an absolute
> date and time, it does not occur. Read the rule.
>
> --
> --
> 0x44;

None of that changes the fact that the Oracle has still not sent any messages to either a Public or Discussion Forum in the last 4 days (as they passed in real life).

The oracle does not have a certain amount of time to assign consultations, e has an obligation to assign them as soon as possible. There is nothing which prevents this being done during an emergency and warrigal knew e was a player 2 days before the contract "suffocation" cast uncertainty upon wether e was a player or not and e did not assign my nkep consultation.