Charles Schaefer on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 02:46:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (Burnt Sienna) Proposal: Contracts Plus

2008/12/3, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx>:

> "authorized" isn't very well-defined. If I'm a Bum, can I authorize my
> friend to vote for me, so that I get a vote after all?

A Power of Attorney authorizes the Agent to take
> actions on behalf of the Principal which the Principal would legally be
> able
> to take

I think this is clear enough.

Also, you should probably put in this important condition. The principal and
> the agent must both be Parties to the Contract for the authorization to
> be actual and enforceable. Otherwise someone could singlehandedly make
> themselves authorized to do anything on behalf of anyone. (My my, we had
> better be very careful with this.)

Now THAT is a good catch. Thanks!

I'm not really all that hot on the reenstallment of Corporations. Maybe mack
> should just stay in the hands of its owner.

You don't have to join any Corps if you don't want to. I'll make more
explicit protection for non-parties.

--
Charles Schaefer