Jay Campbell on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:20:56 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (Burnt Sienna) Proposal: Contracts Plus

 >> Contracts may be modified with the explicit approval of all parties,
as well
 >> as in any other way allowed by that Contract. A Contract may specify
ways
 >> for Players to become, or cease to become, Parties to it, provided
that no
 >> Player shall be made a Party to a Contract without their explicit
consent.

This is a palatable compromise. Getting rid of "I now cause Joe to
become bound by XYZ too" is the goal.

 >> creates a Legal Entity known as a Corporation. Articles of Incorporation
 >> must, at minimum, establish the name of the Corporation and at define at
 >> least one Officer. Only parties to a Corporation's Articles of
Incorporation
 >> can be Officers of that Corporation.

That last sentence is in the proposal twice. I would advocate it being
there zero times.

 >> A Contract may declare itself to be a Power of Attorney, specifying a
 >> Principal and an Agent, who must both be Parties to the Contract. A
Power of
 >> Attorney is either General or Limited, defaulting to Limited. A General
 >> Power of Attorney authorizes the Agent to cause any actions except those
 >> specified as Reservations, while a Limited Power of Attorney
authorizes the
 >> Agent to cause ONLY those actions specified as Delegations. When
 >> authorized, the Agent may send a message to a public forum causing the
 >> Principal to take any action which the Principal is legally able to
take.
 >> }}

Perhaps Officers could be defined and empowered through this power of
attorney instead? There are definitely times I would want to exercise my
given powers on a corporation without being bound by its contract.

 >> MoC Note: I removed the dependancy on J's proposal.
 >>
 >> This now incorporates J's contract law text, with some improvements.

I withdraw my Contracts proposal and roughly support this one instead.