Tyler on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 01:47:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] (Burnt Sienna) Proposal: Contracts Plus

"authorized" isn't very well-defined. If I'm a Bum, can I authorize my
friend to vote for me, so that I get a vote after all?

Also, you should probably put in this important condition. The principal and
the agent must both be Parties to the Contract for the authorization to
be actual and enforceable. Otherwise someone could singlehandedly make
themselves authorized to do anything on behalf of anyone. (My my, we had
better be very careful with this.)

I'm not really all that hot on the reenstallment of Corporations. Maybe mack
should just stay in the hands of its owner.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Charles Schaefer <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Dependancy: Contracts Rejiggered
>
> Create a new rule titled "Contracts Plus" with the following text:
> {A Contract declaring itself to be a set of Articles of Incorporation
> creates a Legal Entity known as a Corporation. Articles of Incorporation
> must, at minimum, establish the name of the Corporation and at define at
> least one Officer. Only parties to a Corporation's Articles of
> Incorporation
> can be Officers of that Corporation.
>
> Officers of a Corporation shall collectively ensure that the Corporation
> fulfills the obligations specified in its Articles or any other Contract to
> which it may be Party. Only a Party to the Articles of Incorporation may
> become an Officer of a Corporation. Unless otherwise restricted by the
> Articles of Incorporation, an officer may act on behalf of a Corporation by
> submitting a game action on behalf of the Corporation, explicitly stating
> the actions described in are being performed by the Corporation.
>
> Any Corporation, whose Articles of Incorporation do not comply with this
> rule, ceases to be a Legal Entity and the Articles of Incorporation cease
> be a Game Object.
>
> A Contract may declare itself to be a Power of Attorney, specifying a
> Principal and an Agent. A Power of Attorney is either General or Limited,
> defaulting to Limited. A Power of Attorney authorizes the Agent to take
> actions on behalf of the Principal which the Principal would legally be
> able
> to take, by sending a message to a public forum stating intent to do so. A
> General Power of Attorney authorizes the Agent to take any actions except
> those specified as Reservations, while a Limited Power of Attorney
> authorizes ONLY those actions specified as Delegations.}
> Comments please.
> --
> Charles Schaefer

 -Tyler