Elliott Hird on Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:54:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Refresh Proposal Ballot

On 27 Nov 2008, at 21:48, Charles Schaefer wrote:
> What's wrong with copying features over from Agora?

Because it's a blatant ripoff and a broken one.

> If you wanted Supporting and Objecting, would you have to go to Agora
> for that too?

No, but I'd like some uniqueness.

> As for subgames, there is also another subgame framework in the
> rules and a
> game of MathNauts will start up once the emergency is over. It's
> nice to
> have multiple ways to create subgames, the same way it is nice to have
> proposals, RPs, tidiness lists, etc. to make rule changes.

FWIW my refresh repeals subgames because I'm still mulling over how
to do
them nicely. And tidiness lists were replaced by Tweaks, as they're
essentially the same thing.

However, for now, you could get a Colour to do MathNauts. Not ideal,
I agree
a nice subgame framework is needed.

> We have had contracts that connect to voting, the OCB, B Chess, etc.

yes, but contracts themselves are inherently too generic and
disconnected.