Charles Schaefer on Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:48:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Refresh Proposal Ballot

2008/11/27, Elliott Hird penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Contracts & corporations are a bad copy of Agoran contracts &
> partnerships made
> by Agorans breaking them just enough to not seem like plagiarizations.
>
> If I wanted them I'd go to Agora... I think that B can be much more
> interesting
> and have some other way for subgames.

What's wrong with copying features over from Agora? If you wanted Supporting
and Objecting, would you have to go to Agora for that too? As for subgames,
there is also another subgame framework in the rules and a game of MathNauts
will start up once the emergency is over. It's nice to have multiple ways to
create subgames, the same way it is nice to have proposals, RPs, tidiness
lists, etc. to make rule changes.

I also kind of dislike the fact
> that
> they're too generic: not connected to any other part of the game,
> really. Nomics
> shouldn't just be bags of stuff put together in the same megabag...

We have had contracts that connect to voting, the OCB, B Chess, etc.
--
Charles Schaefer