Alexander Smith on Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:30:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Refresh Proposal Ballot

Charles Schaefer wrote:
> Contracts, the way we have been using them, are just little nomics under the
> umbrella of B Nomic. Are Nomics fundamentally bad? I also like to think of
> them as voluntary subgames. Ideally they WOULD be voluntary, I know B hasn't
> gotten that down yet. (Has Agora? or are they still mousetrapped?)
There's only been one enforced-contract in a while, and it only affected one
player, who had agreed to the contract earlier and hadn't noticed that other
people could modify it arbitrarily by acting in concert; and it was judged
that that trap didn't accomplish anything useful. Generally speaking, the
protections against that sort of contract trap are adequate at the moment,
although the contract system has sufficiently many other problems that there
are plans to redo it, or repeal the whole thing. (In particular, nobody seems
to know what the current contract-related gamestate is.)
--
ais523

<<winmail.dat>>