Craig Daniel on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:44:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Newbie needs help

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> course, IMHO. I'm like a newbie when it comes to these game-old (probably)
> rules.

It may be as old as the era, but I don't *think* it's as old as the game.

But I like your take on the difference - outsiders take game actions;
external forces act, and their outsiders act in accordance with that.

> Blathering on: If an Outsider were destroyed, that would mean that the EF
> would have no access to the game, right? No projection, so the EF wouldn't
> be 'in' the game. The Rules do not purport to regulate EFs, except in
> relation to their interaction with the Game as Outsiders. So EFs are
> Outsiders after all? Are Outsiders EFs? Can an Outsider be destroyed any
> more than an EF can? Is an Outsider a Game Object? Is an EF?

I have no idea. I'm inclined to think that if your Outsider is
destroyed, you cease to be a player and all your attributes vanish -
but by posting to the PF again, you project yourself once more and
create a new Outsider. It's like Nomic reincarnation.

 - teucer