Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:19:13 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] If we're going to keep taking game actions through the emergency...

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Jamie Dallaire
> <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > neo-dadaist alliance sounds interesting. Question (also applies to
> > pocketbook party): What happens when parties are modifying their
> platforms
> > through the voting period? If a half of the parties add a given proposal
>
> Your obligation changes, of course.

Then this contract needs to be changed somehow before I ever agree to join
it. It would be ridiculous if someone were to change their platform at the
end of the voting period, resulting in other parties not fulfilling their
obligations simply because they weren't present in that short time window
before the end of nday 12. This has potential for infinitely short time
windows.

> their platform on nday 11 and i've already voted FOR, does this obligate
> me
> > to vote against it? Do I have a Jiffy to fulfill my obligation, even
> though
> > it's only possible to fulfill it during 1+ nday?
>

> Yes to the first. And I believe if you don't vote during voting that
> an Oracularity will likely change this fact.

Are you saying that an Oracularity would change someone's votes? I really
don't think that would/should happen, since obligations are not ironclad
rules. I can't break a rule, but I can definitely choose not to fulfill an
obligation.

BP