ehird on Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:19:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] MetaRules and Ideals

On 8 Oct 2008, at 01:47, Tyler wrote:

> So, I decided to begin to enumerate what I think make up the
> foundation of a
> nomic (MetaRules) and of a good nomic (Ideals), in turn. See my
> Player page
> for details.

As Wooble has pointed out metarules are the worst evil in a nomic.

Also, "that are inherent in nomics" is patently false. ais523, for
example,
informs me that the nomic Normish does not require you to follow the
rules.

I'm not sure what that means, but I also know that resignation, iirc,
requires
manual request & intervention by the admins on Normish and thus is
not always
possible.

(Have you actually started a nomic, by the way? Just curious.)

--
ehird