Jamie Dallaire on Sat, 4 Oct 2008 13:08:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Inflationary Language

Hmmm, so I think you're right. Rule 4E8 states that outsiders may be
permitted to create game documents by the rules. THis part doesn't mean they
can create them willy nilly, just that the rules in different palces can say
when/where/how specific types of game documents can be created. which they
do, for tweaks, consultations, proposals, contracts, etc.

BUT a contract, which is not a rule, has no authority to allow for the
creation of motions, whether by outsiders, players, legal entities,
corporations, etc. That would be creating a game object in a manner not
specified by the rules.

So are motions something that has no effect outside the scope of the
contract? Nothing ever says this, in fact the contract claims they are game
documents. Which is patently false.

Contracts/corporations have been created in the past, and this is not in
dispute unless any of those was created BY another contract or corporation
(which isn't an outsider) but I don't think this has happened. But if we
consider motions to be game documents, they never actually existed...

Do we want to backtrack gamestate on that or just ratify some displays?

Good catch, j!

BP