Tyler on Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:43:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Consultation Answer Effects?

I don't know what CFJ system means, but if it is the Justice or Judgment
system, my response would be to enlighten you concerning the nature of the
problem we had with Woobleverses. The difficulty that made the Justice
system insufficient was that the Justice system itself was split between two
Oracles. Wooble was one, and I the other. In one "quantum state" I assigned
the question to Billy P., and in the other "quantum state" it was assigned
to nobody, but instead Zotted. More happened after that, but the main
problem was the duality of the Justice system, which meant that two
different and conflicting judgments could have been made officially. We
could have ended up with 2 "Woobleverses" or even none at all in the end.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:23 AM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Perhaps a game's ruleset can never define ways in which all disputes
> about
> > the same ruleset can be definitively resolved. If you need an example of
> > this, consider what would have happened had the two Woobleverses not been
> > resolved into one. It would have been an unresolved dispute, and only an
> > appeal to MetaRules could have helped. In short, there can
> > always arise paradoxes in Rulesets, such that one must use something
> outside
> > of the Ruleset to resolve them.
>
> In Agora, it's traditional to track multiple "quantum states" of the
> Ruleset when there's an ambiguity, but try to go through with the
> normal, Rules-defined CFJ system to resolve disputes, and people
> usually cooperate to keep the gamestates similar in the meantime.
>
> Which, although I haven't been paying attention to B, seems (from a
> search) to be what happened with the "Woobleverses".

 -Tyler