comex on Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:23:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Consultation Answer Effects?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps a game's ruleset can never define ways in which all disputes about
> the same ruleset can be definitively resolved. If you need an example of
> this, consider what would have happened had the two Woobleverses not been
> resolved into one. It would have been an unresolved dispute, and only an
> appeal to MetaRules could have helped. In short, there can
> always arise paradoxes in Rulesets, such that one must use something outside
> of the Ruleset to resolve them.

In Agora, it's traditional to track multiple "quantum states" of the
Ruleset when there's an ambiguity, but try to go through with the
normal, Rules-defined CFJ system to resolve disputes, and people
usually cooperate to keep the gamestates similar in the meantime.

Which, although I haven't been paying attention to B, seems (from a
search) to be what happened with the "Woobleverses".