Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 22 May 2008 13:34:06 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] ftw carnage - See Consultation 110

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 4:25 PM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lassi wrote:
> > Also, I will be a player soon! And therefore a Registered Voter. So I get
> to vote already this week. Great!
> > So, thank you for the ratifications and welcomes.
> >
> Actually, you're not eligible to vote until next nweek because the
> voting period has already begun.

Well, I was about to correct that by telling LASD that he could in fact vote
(and that this would make him vested as well as affect the point awards
given to the authors of proposals) despite his vote power being 0.

BUT it seems that Rule 4E20 (Players May Vote) was clobbered a while back by
http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Proposals/0353 in that while removing the bit
about Vote Power being set to 0 if you've given your allegiance to a faction
during the nweek --- the bit that says "On ballotday" was also removed
immediately before the part about other players having their VP set to 1.

Default Vote Power is defined as 0.

Rule 4E20 now reads:

"All Players are Registered Voters.

All other players have their Vote Power set to 1."
Which "other" players?

So LASD's vote might actually count with a VP of one this week???

What do others think?

Are we going to seat the Florida and Michigan delegations?

BP