Ed Murphy on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:29:50 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 2

Hose wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2008 3:59 PM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> {{
>> Does Wooble have a win by Paradox?
>> }}
>
> Technically, I say yes, as defined by the Rules.

I say no.  The consultation in question is not logically impossible to
answer correctly, it's just practically impossible to know which answer
is correct.

> As a side note, I think the Win by Paradox isn't defined correctly.
> Shouldn't it be "is logically possible to correctly answer either Yes
> or No" instead of "is logically impossible to correctly answer either
> Yes or No"?

That would be a different sort of paradox, of the "Will your answer
to this question be Yes?" variety.  I would clarify it as "logically
impossible to correctly answer Yes or No, or logically possible to
answer either Yes or No with equal correctness".