Ed Murphy on Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:17:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Loopholes, scamming, etc.

Hose wrote:

> Question for discussion. What is the generally accepted way of handling
> loopholes and scamming? Is scamming actually a part of the game or just an
> annoying side effect of the game? If you can scam, should you?
>
> While looking up something, I realized that it is possible to gain a victory
> condition. If I submit a Proposal to fix the problem, it might not pass
> unless I explain why. But, if I explain why, somebody will probably go ahead
> and do it anyway. I could just gain the victory condition and clean up the
> loophole but the required actions to do so would be extremely obnoxious. I
> could do nothing, but someone might discover it sooner or later and do it
> anyway.

Would the cleanup be any more involved than a Refresh Proposal or
dictatorial decree to the effect of "the gamestate becomes what it
was at <time just before the scam>, with the exception that Hose
keeps his scam win"?