Mike McGann on Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:08:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Player Status

On Dec 26, 2007 9:02 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, of course I get to this message /after/ updating the subsidiary
> pages on the wiki.  I think it should be answered No ("de-register"
> does not run into the same type of potential ambiguity that "press"
> and "push" did), but if it's answered Yes then I'll revert my changes.

>From the "talk like robots thread":

[quote]
"Pressing", "activating", "switching", and "pushing" aren't Game
Actions and don't have any effect.
[/quote]

[quote]
I would be fine with that if it just said that players can hit their
panic buttons. But it doesn't - it explicitly spells out what you have
to declare in order to turn your Panic Button on or off.
[/quote]

[quote]
Not only does it spell out exactly what you're supposed to state, it
even capitalizes the word "Hitting", which is how we usually denote
keywords.
[/quote]

How does this not run into the same type of potential ambiguity?

- Hose