Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:27:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal/RFC: The Code of Life

I had actually intended on leaving the loophole at first. And that kind of
switching was what I was referring to earlier when responding to Wooble's
comment on an outright ban being too much. I had figured such switching
would be part of the game, since you can only do it once and might have
preferred to use it earlier in the nweek to usurp or object or whatnot,
though now that I think about it it might make for too much of a paper trail
with everyone voting twice after switching...

My problem with having this apply to the final vote is somewhat logistical.
what is it that is banned/penalized? Final voting against a proposal that
was submitted/revised by someone who was your twin at the time of
submission/revision? Or against a proposal that was submitted/revised by
someone who is your twin right now (end of nweek)? I think the former would
be best, though part of this whole idea was that you'd sometimes have to
mutate AWAY from certain proposals authors i.e. after they had submitted.

Or how about this: If a player votes at all (on any proposal...) before
mutating, he may not vote after mutating. If he wants to mutate before
voting at all that is fine too.

Billy Pilgrim