Ed Murphy on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:17:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My RP: Set everything.

Wonko wrote:

> 99% of the time the Justice system is not needed for this
> adjudication, and the real problem is that we're using it much more
> than we need to. Virtually all of the recent Consultations fall into
> one of four categories:

I would add "consultations on the validity of an action that was
declared invalid" as a fifth category, though I suppose you could
argue that those belong in category 1 (if the action was obviously
wrong) or 2 (if the declaration was obviously wrong).

I agree with the general idea that there should be a quick and
lightweight system for resolving matters of fact, leaving the
more involved Consultation system for resolving matters of law
and interpretation.  That, and a gentleman's agreement to stop
announcing flurries of different alleged actions.  (Multiple
alleged actions of the same type are a grayer area; they may or
may not be a PITA for the relevant minister, but at least they
tend to either all work or all fail.)