Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:03:31 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Not a Proposal: Dependence Day

On Dec 10, 2007 8:50 PM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Suppose a rule says "Any player may Distim a Dosh with 2 support and
> without 3 objections".
>
> Then you can, at any time, Appeal to the Crowd to let you Distim a Dosh.
>
> You may then Distim a Dosh as soon as all of the following are true:
>  * No more than 10 days have passed since you Appealed
>  * At least 2 days have passed since your Appeal
>  * Fewer than 3 people have Objected to your action
>  * At least 2 people have Supported your action

Makes sense, although I think there should be something in there that
explicitly regulates the number of times one may Distim a Dosh or the number
of Doshes one may Distim, per Appeal to the Crowd.

If you want to Distim multiple Doshes or Distim your Dosh (or any Dosh for
that matter) multiple times you should have to either Appeal to the Crowd
that many times or announce, as part of your appeal, the number of times you
wish to do so.

I realize most of the current actions we have that require support or
objection are limited in number on an nweek or simple logical basis anyway
(usurping, blueprint creation, refusing a player entry (is this a rule
now?), changing motnw, etc.) and can't think of a counter-example off the
top of my head, but it would be nice to have the framework there if such an
action becomes possible.

Billy Pilgrim