Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:40:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] About panics

On Dec 10, 2007 7:29 PM, Aaron Coquet <farfromunique@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, yes. This is to both forums. sorry for the wasted bandwidth. I
> don't know where to put it.
>
> Why are we panicking again? This is silly.
> First off, I think that part of the reason we're in a panic is that we
> discovered that we have Buttons that we can activate, and so we're
> trying out ways of activating them. Consider the following:
>
> I cause, via the appropriate wording and posting to forums, my Panic
> button to become "On"
> I now, in the same way, cause the opposite to happen.
>
> That was FUN. Admit it, if you have a panic button, and you have hit /
> pressed / switched / toggled / activated it, part of it was because it
> was fun.
>
> Now, yes. we DO have some screwy stuff going on with the rules. but we
> have even more issues with a Panic than we do with the normal
> gamestate.
> So here's what I propose. It's not a Refresh Proposal (I'll do that
> later), just a suggestion.
> Most of the rules are fine, for certain values of "fine". In spite of
> being unable to directly target it, 3-13 has no issues. This is true
> of most of the rules.
>
> There are certainly some that have big, gaping holes in them. Rule 0,
> for instance.
> So, Why don't we figure out which rules are broken (while we're on the
> pause) and figure out how to fix or get rid of them. That should save
> some problems from happening.
>
> Whaddaya think?

I'm panicking because anyone who feels like it can prevent anything
from happening in the game just by announcing that all of the actions
are Invalid.

I think the random actions with panic buttons are silly but they have
no bearing whatsoever on my panic.
--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/