Geoffrey Spear on Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:01:54 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Speedier Actions

On Dec 5, 2007 12:31 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If the rules allow a Player to perform a game action with X support
> > and without Y objections, for any values of X and Y, he may, at his
> > option, instead perform that action after obtaining Unanimous Consent
> > to perform that action.
>
> As the Rules are right now, I have no clue what happens if something
> is marked with requiring "X support and without Y objections". With X
> support, the action happens as soon as X support is received but with
> Y objections it happens after 2 ndays if the objections are not
> raised.

I'd say it's within the spirit of the rules that such actions take
place 2 ndays after they're announced, since the "and" should mean
that both criteria need to be satisfied.

I could also see an argument that they take place 2 ndays after X
support is achieved or immediately X support is achieved; those rules
could probably use a bit of disambiguation.
--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/