Justin Ahmann on Mon, 3 Dec 2007 01:36:41 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

I suggest that, as a rule change for FlipperNomic, all instances of the word "Codae" in the ruleset are replaced by the word "Wooble."

I agree upon the above rule change.

I suggest the following addition to the ruleset:

{{
If the Admin fails in his duties, the Players are encouraged to admonish him.
}}

Codae

----- Original Message ----
From: Justin Ahmann <quesmarktion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: discussion list for B Nomic <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:01:07 PM
Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

I declare a game called "FlipperNomic" with the following ruleset:
{{
A person may become a Player by declaring their intent to do so.

To play this game, a Player flips a coin which has a "heads" side and
a "tails" side. If the coin lands "heads", the Player wins. If the
coin lands "tails", the Player loses. The Player then ceases to be a
Player.

There is no Rule 3-13.

If all Players agree upon a change to the ruleset, the ruleset is so changed.
}}

I declare my intent to become a Player of FlipperNomic.

I agree upon the following addition to the ruleset:
{{
The Admin of FlipperNomic is Codae.  The Admin is required to maintain a (insofar as is possible) current ruleset in the spoon-discuss Archive.
}}

The current ruleset:
{{
A person may become a Player by declaring their intent to do so.

To play this game, a Player flips a coin which has a "heads" side and
a "tails" side. If the coin lands "heads", the Player wins. If the
coin lands "tails", the Player loses. The Player then ceases to be a
Player.

There is no Rule 3-13.

If all Players agree upon a change to the ruleset, the ruleset is so changed.

The Admin of FlipperNomic is Codae.  The Admin is required to maintain a (insofar as is possible) current ruleset in the spoon-discuss Archive.
}}

Admin Codae

> declaring the start of B Nomic with a beginning ruleset permissible?
> }}

Pseudo-Answer:

Yes. Starting the game of B Nomic was an action performed before the
rules of B nomic existed, so the rules cannot enforce this.

I declare a game called "Flipper" with the following ruleset:
{{
A person may become a Player by declaring their intent to do so.

To play this game, a Player flips a coin which has a "heads" side and
a "tails" side. If the coin lands "heads", the Player wins. If the
coin lands "tails", the Player loses. The Player then ceases to be a
Player.

There is no Rule 3-13.
}}

I declare myself to be a Player of Flipper.

I flip my coin.

It lands tails.

I lose.

Boo!