William Berard on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:58:19 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation 45 Answer; Blueprint

On 11/26/07, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Nov 25, 2007 11:08 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > A)
> > >
> > > {{
> > > Is it true that any player can define a blueprint?
> > > }}
> >

> > This is Consultation Number 45 and I assign it to Priest Wooble.
>
> I answer YES.
>
> While the rules don't explicitly allow the creation of Blueprints
> except by the Artisan, they don't forbid it, either.  Everyone who
> voted to foolishly repeal the Monopoly Rule may kick themselves.
>
> I create the following unique Blueprint "How to scam the system":
> {{
> This blueprint can create the following unique device:
>
> Name: Staff of Winning
> Trigger: nday 6 begins
> Effect: All Players of Level 8 or above gain 260 points.  Then, the
> Staff is destroyed.
> }}
>
> I bid 1m for the "How to scam the system" blueprint.

I do not think you can bid on blueprints. you can bid on devices, but I do
not see much point in bidding on blueprints since it has been established in
a recent consultation that no one can own a blueprint...

Maybe you meant that you defined said blueprint, then went and asked the
artisan to build the corresponding device, then subsequently state your
intent to bid on said device, were it to be built by the artisan (can the
artisan veto such a request?)

On top of that, I see litte point in bidding on such an item since it will
be triggered at the beginning of m6 and will affect all players of level 8
or above. Bidding would make sense if you intended, as the owner of the
device, to destroy it, but I am not quite sure what the rule state regarding
this possibility...