Aaron Coquet on Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:24:51 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My votes (finally!)

NO! NO! NO! NO!
That is a REALLY bad idea!
it either would:
Put part of the gamestate OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL (bad)
or
Make us constantly update our gamestate to include changes to theirs (extra
work for us, and the possibility of missing something)
or
Cause the two Nomics to merge.

None of those sound like a good idea.

Am I alone in thinking this?
--
Zach

On Nov 14, 2007 12:10 PM, 0x4461736864617368 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So...
>
> We need a proposal unilaterally declaring the Agoran forums as part of
> our game state?
>
> Daniel Lepage wrote:
> > It's possible for a proposal to order someone to take an action, but
> > it's impossible for a proposal to *force* someone to take an action,
> > any more than a proposal to stop the sun would force the sun to stop.
> >
> > A proposal can request that a player take an action, and can offer in-
> > game incentive (i.e. giving/taking points), but by itself a proposal
> > that just says "Player X will do Y" is meaningless.
> >
> > One could even argue that it's not a proposal, since by definition a
> > proposal is a list of changes *to the gamestate* and, for example,
> > the Agoran forums are not part of our gamestate.

Aaron C
"H. P. Lovecraft is Rock and Roll" -- Neil Gaiman
Don't Panic!