Geoffrey Spear on Fri, 3 Aug 2007 06:23:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Faction anyone ?

On 8/3/07, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> comex wrote:
> > I cause Agora to join B Nomic per rule 5-2.
>
> Hmm. Is the Agreement here the entire Agora ruleset? What in its ruleset
> gives you the authority to join Agora as Factions in another Nomic? (r5-1
> requires an Agreement to specify "How any decisions that may need to be
> made on the agreement's behalf will be performed," and my intent was part
> of that would include how it would perform Game Actions in B Nomic.
>
> It's possible that Agora does give comex that permission, but I'm not
> familiar enough with Agora and don't have the time to comb its ruleset. I
> guess that would be the downside to allowing arbitary Agreements to have
> an influence on the game, because now we as a whole need to interpret
> everybody else's documents in addition to our own.

My position (as I stated in the Agora discussion forum this morning)
is that the Agora ruleset isn't a valid B Nomic agreement since it
doesn't *explicitly* spell out how game actions would be taken in B
Nomic.  Arguably 5-1 could be taken to require it only to spell out
how actions in general will be taken and not need to specifically
mention B Nomic actions, in which case Agora could become a faction.

However, even if Agora's ruleset is a B Nomic agreement, I believe
that at the moment I am Agora's Ambassador.  I'll need a CFJ over
there to determine whether this means that no other Agora player can
take actions in external nomics on Agora's behalf.

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/