Peter Cooper Jr. on Fri, 3 Aug 2007 06:15:25 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] spoon-business Digest, Vol 43, Issue 20

Antonio Dolcetta wrote:
> Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
>> Ted Ofner wrote:
>>> Consultation 27: TRUE
>>> Consultation 28: FALSE
>>
>> As much as I wish the opposite were true, I claim these consultations to
>> be inconsistent. We've pretty much established Primo as a Player and not
>> as a Faction, and my props that try to remove it as a player haven't
>> passed. While I'd be happy for something to change Primo to be a Faction
>> instead of a Player, a Consultation with justification of "it looks like
>> one" isn't the way to do it.
>>

> Primo fulfills all conditions for being a faction, and does not pass the
> membership test. I'd think that the answers to those consultations were
> straightforward.

Ah... Sorry, I was under the impression that it was simply trying to
change Primo's status, not just trying to figure out what it is under our
current rules.

But Membership tests only affect new players wanting to join, not any
players already in the game. And the Faction rules require joining as a
Faction, so it seems weird that a Player could become a Faction through no
action of their own and with no proposal changing it.

So that's why I think that the Consultations are incorrect. Although it's
apparently too late now, anyway.

> Yes, we established Primo as a player before membership tests and before
> factions, it is only natural that interpretation should be different
> now, or is it a violation of the primary temporal directive ?

I'm not sure our "Temporal Prime Directive" does anything right now, since
I don't know what the difference is between "Change the game to be what it
would be if Proposal X never passed." and "Proposal X never passed.". But
that's a separate thing altogether.

I think I'm just saying that nothing in the changes of rules that we made
also changed the state of Primo.

--
Peter C.