Daniel Lepage on Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:53:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] I'll make my own faction then

On 7/30/07, Aaron Coquet <farfromunique@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > this one fails because the sheets cannot pass a membership test.
> > I suppose the sheets are inanimate and not actually sentient.
> > unless your ream of paper. 8.5" x 11", 28 lb white laser printer paper,
> > produced by hammermill, was in fact some sort of mysterious alien being
> > camouflaged as a ream of paper...

>     * Be capable of thought as an individual. [[I.E. No Borg or Group
> consciousnesses.]]
> "I do this of my own free will".

Are you asserting that a piece of paper is sentient if it has "I am
sentient" written on it? Or are you asserting that a piece of paper is
sentient if somebody sends an email saying "I am sentient. Signed,
Paper"?

Neither is likely to hold up in court.

--
Wonko