Daniel Lepage on Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:29:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Better Checkpoints

On 7/18/07, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No, 130 just changes the gamestate to what it would be if the Public
> > Displays were correct at the time before the proposal submitted. It
> > doesn't make them correct as of the time it passes, it makes them correct
> > as of the time they were last updated.
> >
> > I intentionally didn't want it to be as of the passage of the proposal,
> > since then somebody could change a public display intentionally to be
> > inaccurate 1 second before the end of voting.
>
> That's an interesting point, but consider this:
>
> The Public Display of the rules when this was submitted did not
> include the rules which we're voting on in the coming voting period.
> Thus if 130 takes effect it repeals any rules which are added to the
> ruleset before 130 becomes effective; the state of the game is changed
> to match the Public Display that didn't include them.

No, p130 changes the gamestate to what it would be had the public
displays been accurate at the time. This includes changes made after
that time, because those changes would have been made anyway.

--
Wonko