Daniel Lepage on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 05:04:50 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Sentient Voters (was Players should be Humane)

> I propose the following:

> An External Force may become a Player by posting a message to a Public
> Forum containing a request to become a Player and a uniquely identifying
> name that e wishes to be known by. E may do this if and only if e
> fulfills the following requirements:
>
>      * E is not currently a Player
>      * E has a working e-mail address

If we're allowing arbitrary objects to do this, then maybe we should
replace 'e' with 'it'.

> A Sentient Player is a Player that fulfills the following requirements:
>
>      * E is sentient and self-aware

Is a compound player such as a society self-aware? A society does not
have any single awareness.

> Any Sentient Player may submit a Vote on an Open proposal at any time.
> The Vote must be one of the words FOR, AGAINST, or ABSTAIN; other words
> are ignored.
>
> Only Human Players may vote.

Human, or Sentient?

--