Antonio Dolcetta on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:46:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Fun with Factions

Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

> We need to have some limit on the number of factions in the game,  and
> I think that it needs to be tied to the natural players in the game
> somehow. My thinking was that, as Factions, players would have to pick
> sides (and with Voting Option 2) would only get to vote through that
> Faction.

There doesn't need to be a limit on the number of agreements, there
needs to be a limit on what agreements can do.

This proposal would force everyone to join a faction, just to vote, even
if they have no interest in playing the faction game.

> Otherwise, agreements with only one B Nomic player will just be
> everywhere.

Why ? if factions can't vote there's no incentive to create an excessive
number

> But I could see changing the limit so that each player could be a part
> of at most two or three factions instead of one. Would that be better?

It would still be artificial, why not let players regulate the number of
factions/agreements on what they need ?