Aaron Coquet on Wed, 20 Jun 2007 04:50:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] proposal - fast rules

This was Said:
> I don't think I understand this proposal. Is this a rule? If so, it's
> generally against game precedent to specify instant changes to the
> ruleset in a rule; rather, we state them in a proposal like so:
>
> {{ __Some prop__
>
>   Change flib to baz.
>
>   Create a rule:
>   {{ __All your baz are belong to us__
>
>     (...)
>   }}
> }}
Then let me try again:
{{__Proposal: Fast Rules__

Create a property of the Game Documents "Rules" called "Fastness"
Set the fastness of all rules to "Slow"
Set the fastness of all rules which are said to take precedence over
all other rules to be "Fast"

Create a Rule with a Fastness of Fastest
{__Rule: Speed of Rules__
      ( Any rule which is said to take precedence over all other rules
shall have the attribute "Fast". Any rule which has the attribute
"Fast" shall be said to take precedence over all other rules.
In the event of two Fast rules conflicting, the rule which was more
recently amended or created is to be considered the Faster of the two,
and thus takes precedence.

In the event of any rule, regardless of relative or absolute fastness,
conflicting with this rule, this rule shall be said to be the Faster
of the two. The only exception to this is the case of an amendment to
this rule. Any such amendment will, by default, have the same level of
fastness as this rule.)
  }}
}}