bd_ on Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:31:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proto-prop: Make B Nomic a limited partnership

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 07:50:37PM -0600, Roger Hicks wrote:
> B Nomic already has a number of rules that duplicate provisions in your
> agreement. Is it necessary to repeat them? It seems to me the only points
> you would need to address to make B Nomic a binding agreement under Agoran
> law are those not already addressed by current B Nomic rules.

A lot of this is due to the interaction of a foreign ruleset. For
example:

> > 0. DEFINITIONS
> >   Terms used in this agreement, shall be interpreted with the following
> > precedence:

Agoran rule 754 would cause things like "rule" to be interpreted as
"Agoran Rule" without this section - though, this is pending
modifications to rule 754 to allow this sort of thing.

> > 1. This is a binding agreement governed by the Rules of Agora. Parties
> > to this Agreement shall be known as B Nomic Players. Henceforth in this
> > document, B Nomic Players shall be referred to as Players (with a
> > capital P).
> >
> > 2. Players shall act according to this Agreement. This however does not
> > impair the ability of Players to act as individuals on their own behalf.
> > Players shall jointly act as B Nomic.

Basic stuff to set up the agoran end of the limited partnership.

> > 3. This agreement comes into effect seven days after its enactment as a
> > Rule of B Nomic. At this time, any Player of B Nomic is assumed to have
> > agreed to this agreement. Any Player who registers in B Nomic after the
> > enactment of this Rule is assumed to agree to this agreement.

Limited partnerships are required by agoran rules to have consent of all
members; that is the intent of this point.

> > 4. Once this agreement comes into effect, the current Administrator of B
> > Nomic is ensure that both e and B Nomic are registered as players of
> > Agora Nomic as soon as possible. Other Players of B Nomic may (but are
> > not required to) register as players of Agora Nomic as well.
> >
> > 5. B Nomic's players are bound by the Rules of B Nomic, of which this
> > agreement is a member. Any and all B Nomic rules are to have the same
> > binding power as this document.

Ensures that agora recognizes the B Nomic ruleset as having force...

> > 6. B Nomic's actions in Agora Nomic are bound by the Rules of B Nomic. B
> > Nomic takes no action except when a B Nomic rule explicitly commands
> > and/or authorizes it to do so. Any attempt on the part of a Player to
> > act on the behalf of B Nomic without this authorization is moot.
> >
> > 7. Unless otherwise stated in the authorizing rule, B Nomic Actions are
> > to be executed by the B Nomic administrator as soon as possible. [[ ie,
> > within seven days ]]
> >
> > 8. B Nomic proposals may command B Nomic to carry out certain actions in
> > Agora Nomic. This Rule authorizes and commands B Nomic to execute such
> > actions if they are possible in Agora Nomic.

These then set up how B Nomic is to act in Agora...

> > 9. No Player may be commanded to become or cease to be a player of Agora
> > Nomic, except the B Nomic Administrator, who must ensure e is a player
> > of Agora Nomic at all times. Any commands in violation of this clause
> > are moot.
> >
> > 10. No Player who is not a player of Agora Nomic may be commanded to
> > take action in Agora Nomic. Should such a Player be obliged to take
> > action on the behalf of B Nomic, this obligation falls instead to the B
> > Nomic Administrator.
> >
> > 11. Players may terminate their obligations under this agreement at any
> > time by Forfeiting the game of B Nomic.

And a few limitations to prevent anyone from being unduly inconvenienced
:)

That said, come to think of it, point nine might be in violation of
agoran right viii:
      viii. Every player has the right to deregister rather than
            continue to play.