Antonio Dolcetta on Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:10:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] proposal parser

Daniel Lepage wrote:

> I've been trying to think of an example where you might have two
> props with the same title, and I came up with one. The example is this:
> ========= First message =========
> I submit two props:
> {{
> __Distribution of Wealth__
> Give each player two Boxes of Foo.
> }}
>
> {{
> __Let There Be Foo__
> <create a rule defining Boxes of Foo.>
> }}
>
> ========= Second message =========
> Whoops, wrong order. I amend the first proposal I made in the
> {{
> __Let There Be Foo__
> <create a rule defining Boxes of Foo.>
> }}
>
> and the second to read:
> {{
> __Distribution of Wealth__
> Give each player two Boxes of Foo.
> }}
>
> ========= End messages =========
>
> In the second message, I am in fact amending an existing proposal,
> but it's *not* the one that already was named "Let There Be Foo". So
> for a moment, there are two proposals named "Let There Be Foo".

There is no such moment, this happens simultaneously.
And it is ambiguous even to a human whether you are amending the
proposal titles or the proposal texts.
And in any case you end up with the same ending state (with possibly
swapped proposal numbers, but that's surely not very important as long
as they are unique)