shadowfirebird on Fri, 19 Jan 2007 06:10:30 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Zombies, Part I

> Even with the "Points are Game Objects" part? :)

I think what was meant was "Points are a game object".  ::shrug::

> Seriously, I'm actually bothered by the exact opposite; that currency and such
> are attributes, not Game Objects.  Although it gives freedom to have
> decimals, negative numbers, etc., it makes a lot of things more complicated.

You don't think it's complicated that every individual point is a
seperate game object??

I tend towards the idea that representational systems (like computer
programs or rule systems) should model the "real world" (wherever it's
got to).  While, granted, you can look in your pocket and find that
each coin IS a seperate object, money is meaningless by itself.  It's
of much more value to view all currency as a single object, where each
of us has a decimal amount associated with it.