Antonio Dolcetta on Fri, 19 Jan 2007 06:07:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Zombies, Part I

comex wrote:
> On Friday 19 January 2007 4:12, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I must admit that I'm a little bothered about the idea that individual
>> points are objects.
>>
>> Would it not be more sane if points were like an attribute?  I think
>> that that was what the author of 2-4 had in mind.
>
> Even with the "Points are Game Objects" part? :)
>
> Seriously, I'm actually bothered by the exact opposite; that currency and such
> are attributes, not Game Objects.  Although it gives freedom to have
> decimals, negative numbers, etc., it makes a lot of things more complicated.

I never was able to wrap my mind around objects very well.
what's exactly the disadvantage of having points as non objects, or
maybe a hybrid solution, such as score is an object, and it contains a
number which represents the player's points