Daniel Lepage on Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:27:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Ding dong the witch is dead.

In the time since the game stopped progressing, Real Life (tm) has
consumed more and more of my time, so I'm not sure I could keep
playing if we started again.

I do still have complete dumps of all the game data. These include
the SQL tables, containing all versions of all rules, proposals, and
CFJ/CFIs from before we switched to the wiki, and an enormous tar
file containing the complete wiki, the complete older version of the
wiki, all the relevant scripts, and a couple of unrelated files.

I could probably extract the current ruleset from this mess, if it
would help.

In order to get going again, the following things need to happen:
1. Somebody needs to volunteer to be Administrator.
2. Somebody needs to get us some web space (Joel, is b.nomic.net
still available?)
3. The Administrator needs to install a wiki package (MediaWiki would
be good) in said web space.
4. The players need to set up all the relevant pages for the nomic.

So, does anyone want to be Admin?

--
Wonko

On Sep 4, 2006, at 12:48 AM, Eugene Meidinger wrote:

> Well we were trying to figure out a good way to start fresh, maintain
> heritage and have a system like mediawiki that could handle mass
> changes
> with minimal maintainance. I think we should just find a structure
> that
> will work for right now and start with a ver minimal ruleset of say 10
> rules. That way we can restore emulate and transfer as we go but we'll
> have some momentum going.
>
> On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 23:21 -0400, Bryan Donlan wrote:
>> On 9/3/06, Eugene Meidinger <eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> So is bnomic dead? Do we have people who want to play? If so we
>>> should
>>> come up with some with some minimal solution and then have a
>>> small game
>>> going until we can come up with a good system that can handle
>>> complicated situations with ease.
>>>
>>> There aren't many these days and I'd hate to see another one end.
>>
>> *waves*
>>
>> Last I heard there was some data-recovery or something...? I don't
>> know.
>>
>> I'd suggest that whatever players are left invoke a state of
>> emergency, so we can still claim to have one of the longest ongoing
>> nomic games, technically :p

"This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the
overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context"
     -David Moser, quoted by Douglas Hofstadter in his "Metamagical
Themas" column in the January 1981 "Scientific American"