Mark Walsh on Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:11:12 -0600 (CST)

RE: [s-d] Re: [auto] Triller amends p336

On: 1/16/06 6:47:03 PM Peter sent:
> Subject: [s-d] Re: [auto] Triller amends p336
>
> Triller has amended p336.:
> > === Recognizing a Game Action ===
> > A Minister may, as a Game Action, 'Recognize' a Game Action made by a
> > Player. The Player's Game Action must fall under the responsibilities
> > of the Recognizing Minister. A Minister Recognizes a Game Action by
> > posting that E does so to a Public Forum.
> >
> > === Multiple Ministers of the Same Ministry ===
> > If more than one Minister holds the same Ministry,
> > and more than one Minister performs responsibilities
> > commensurate with that Ministry on the same Game
> > Action, then the Minister who first recognizes the
> > Action shall have eir Actions take precedence.
> > If no Minister recognizes the Game Action in question,
> > then the Minister who first performed the responsibilities
> > commensurate with eir Ministry will have eir Actions
> > take precedence.
>
> So, a minister just "recognizes" an action, which is an action that
> doesn't do anything? That feels kind of... weird. Can the
> meta-minister meta-recognize a recognize action?
>
> This whole prop just feels odd to me, but I can't quite put my finger
> on it. It just seems like ministers ought to just be updating displays
> to reflect the state of the game, and not *doing* things... maybe
> ministerial duties that require *doing* things should be limited to
> only one person, or should have some responsibilities just for the
> minister that's been in that position longest, or something?
>
> Maybe the ministries of Law and Change are very different from the
> ministries of Death and Housing.
>
> Or maybe this prop is just fine. I just don't know.
>
> --
> Peter C.

More scrubbing.
I think it was a Prop of your's that allowed Multiple Ministers.
The circumstances that led to the quandary in question were odd
in themselves, but history now shows that it can happen.
I hope my Prop just clarifies steps to be taken should the
same thing happen again.
Tril