Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:47:00 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [auto] Triller amends p336

Triller has amended p336.:
> === Recognizing a Game Action ===
> A Minister may, as a Game Action, 'Recognize' a Game Action made by a
> Player. The Player's Game Action must fall under the responsibilities
> of the Recognizing Minister. A Minister Recognizes a Game Action by
> posting that E does so to a Public Forum.
>
> === Multiple Ministers of the Same Ministry ===
> If more than one Minister holds the same Ministry,
> and more than one Minister performs responsibilities
> commensurate with that Ministry on the same Game
> Action, then the Minister who first recognizes the
> Action shall have eir Actions take precedence.
> If no Minister recognizes the Game Action in question,
> then the Minister who first performed the responsibilities
> commensurate with eir Ministry will have eir Actions
> take precedence.

So, a minister just "recognizes" an action, which is an action that
doesn't do anything? That feels kind of... weird. Can the
meta-minister meta-recognize a recognize action?

This whole prop just feels odd to me, but I can't quite put my finger
on it. It just seems like ministers ought to just be updating displays
to reflect the state of the game, and not *doing* things... maybe
ministerial duties that require *doing* things should be limited to
only one person, or should have some responsibilities just for the
minister that's been in that position longest, or something?

Maybe the ministries of Law and Change are very different from the
ministries of Death and Housing.

Or maybe this prop is just fine. I just don't know.

--
Peter C.