Mark Walsh on Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:11:07 -0600 (CST)

RE: [s-d] Re: Another Action

On: 1/16/06 6:33:14 PM Peter sent:
> Subject: [s-d] Re: Another Action
>
> "Mark Walsh" <flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > On: 1/16/06 2:49:39 PM Triller sent:
> >> Subject: [s-b] Another Action
> >>
> >> I give my Lit Torch to smartcowboy.
> >> E must recognize receipt of it before I leave
> >> the Front Hall, or else it will be in the Front Hall.
> >> Then E or any other Player in the Front Hall
> >> may pick it up.
> >
> > I recognize this. smartcowboy must post to a Public
> > Forum that E takes possession of Triller's Lit Torch,
> > else once Triller leaves the Front Hall the Lit Torch
> > will be there, and up for grabs.
>
> I thought we had somewhere this giving-to-other-players thing, but I
> can't find where... Where do the rules allow you to do that and
> does it describe the procedure?
>
> Certainly you could drop it in the Front Hall, and e could pick it
> up... But so could anyone else.
>
> Which of course, begs the question, would the Hall be lit if the torch
> were just dropped there? Looking at the effects of the Torch ("While a
> Room contains a Lit Torch it is Lit."), I'd think so, but then, by the
> lack of transitivity I was just trying to argue for a few messages
> ago, the Lit Torch *wouldn't* do anything in a player's possession,
> and it would *have* to be just in a room in order to light up the
> room.
>
> Hmmm....
>
> --
> Peter C.

Again, just scrubbing.

I think you may be right on the transitivity issue.
If so, this could negate Rainbow's Estate, which I don't
think I want to do.
At present nothing precludes it, but I don't think it's prudent
to allow any action not precluded by a Rule.
There is much precedent for 'giving to' in various Game
Actions since I joined.

Activated Abilities in 1-2 covers 'Players' holding an Object
or being held by an Object. Perhaps an amendment stated as
'An Object holding or being held by an Object' is in order.

Got pens?

Triller